Navigate Up
Sign In


Why do you need a license? 

In accordance with the Social Care Standards Authority Act, in order to operate a social welfare service in Malta, one needs to be issued a license by SCSA. The Licencing Office within the Social Care Standards Authority (SCSA) is responsible for receiving, acknowledging and vetting license applications for social welfare services based on inspection visits carried out and evidence gathered by the SCSA Inspectorate Office. 

What types of services need a license? 

The following is a list of social welfare services who need a license in order to operate in Malta: 

  • Adoption
  • Fostering
  • Services related to individuals with drug, alcohol and gambling related problems
  • Residential Services 
  • Day Centre Services
  • Community and Support Services
  • Respite Services
  • Shelter and Temporary Accommodation Services 
  • Office-Based Services

Which services are currently licensed by SCSA?

For a full list of services which hold a licensed issued by SCSA, click here

How can I apply for a license?

For information on how to apply for a license, click here‚Äč